12/30/2012

Stressing over Steps of Progression.



Chill out…you are only on STEP #14.
(Blog post by Lisa Powers)
Bodyspace member ID:
http://www.bodyspace.com/missteacher

I am inundated by messages on BodySpace and Facebook with questions about my transformation. I don’t mind answering them. I truly do want to inspire the world. However, most questions have to deal with sagging skin and how my skin has reacted to my 80# weight-loss.  I am utterly surprised that this is a topic on the forefront of many women’s minds.

I never had any thoughts about how my skin was going to react. NOT A ONE. I was too consumed with my daily actions to even give worries like that a chance to formulate in my head. I worried about MANY things. My Type-A, perfectionist attitude was in full-force. My worries centered around:

1.      Having all my meals prepped for the week and my lunch bag packed
2.      Getting to bed at a decent time so I am energized for morning cardio
3.      Making sure my gym bag was packed so I can go to the gym straight form work

I PUT MY FOCUS ON MY DAILY HABITS.

If I had worried about my skin, I probably would have stopped right then and there and continued my feelings of hopelessness and disgust.

There is a statistic that states: 92% of what we worry about will never happen. I think that is a lot of wasteful energy. I don’t’ know the exact brain research on worrying, but I do know the research on stress.  Worrying about things you cannot control brings on negative stress. Stress can be detrimental to our health, mentally and physically.
·         Stress can cause chronic fatigue, digestive upsets, headaches, and back pain.
·         Stress can affect the blood cells that help you fight off infection, so you are more likely to get colds and other diseases.
·         Constant stress can increase blood pressure and can increase the risk for stroke.
·         Stress can increase the danger of heart attacks, particularly if you are often angry and mistrustful.
·         Stress can make an asthma attack worse.
·         Stress triggers behaviors that contribute to death and disability, such as smoking, alcoholism, drug abuse, and overeating.
·         Stress can lead to diminished sexual desire and an inability to achieve orgasm.
·         Stress makes it harder to take other steps to improve health, such as giving up smoking or making changes in diet.
None of these things are productive to achieving any mental and physical goals.

When it comes to how your skin will react to weight-loss, my biggest advice is to STOPPING WORRYING ABOUT STEP #14 WHEN YOU ARE ON STEP #13. Make sure you are combining clean meals, with progressive weight training and some HIIT cardio.

Contact Steve Poynter at www.fitnesspoynters.com to get yourself started on the right path for you. Let Steve worrying about how much to eat and when, what exercises to perform and how to do them. All you will need to do is FOLLOW THE PLAN and FEEL THE SUCCESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment